Earlier this month, Kay Heald HR was 7 years old!
Personally, I have a few more wrinkles (my children call them character lines) and I feel a little older, but I like to think I’m a little wiser too!
Starting-up and running my own business in Shropshire has been a great experience and despite passing the 7 year mark, I’m not itching to do anything radically different, but I know I will continue to change and never stop learning.
Over the years, I’ve been fortunate to receive some great advice and be given many inspirational words, so I thought it would be fitting to share 7 of my favourite quotes with you and hope they’ll motivate and inspire you as much as they have me:
1. “A great leader takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit” – I’ve seen this credited to both Arnold H Glasgow and John C Maxwell
2. “Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches letting us stretch and grow to reach new heights” Pauline Kezer
3. “If someone is too tired to give you a smile, leave one of your own, because no one needs a smile as much as those who have none to give” Rabbi Samson Hirsch
4. “Any fool can make things complicated, it requires a genius to make things simple” E F Schumacher
5. “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything creative” Sir Ken Robinson
6. “If you get lost in victim thinking … ask yourself: does anyone on the planet have it worse than me right now?” Henrik Edberg
7. “A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows when to say it” Unknown
I’m an avid collector of thought-provoking and profound quotes, so please do share your favourites too!