Are you an Extreme Engagement Employer?June 7th, 2011 in Build and Develop your Team, HR Help for Small and Family Businesses
This might be a slightly humorous look at employee engagement, but the underlying point is an important one: how well do you know your people?
Everyone seems to be talking about employee engagement these days – the cure of all evils; the one-stop-shop for managing change; the way to ward off competitors; the solution to problems big and small – but what if you want to be a bit different, take things a bit further, what if you want to be an Extreme Engagement Employer?
So here goes, get ready for a bit of EXTREME ENGAGEMENT …
- Smiley Happy People – How often do your people smile at work (or they smile at you)?
- The Honey Pot – Do people like working for you? Do they actually like being around you and working with you?
- Hobby-Tastic – What do your people do out of work, in their spare time – who and what is important to them?
- Push the Button – What pushes your people out of their comfort zone, what stresses them – do you know what really winds them up?
- Cupcake King or Queen – How do you rally your team when the chips are down – a motivating comment, a word of encouragement or perhaps a sugary treat?
- Light Bulb Moments – When was the last time you actively sought new and fresh ideas from your people?
- Lay Down My Life – Are there people out there dying to work for you? Do your people recommend you as an employer?
- Walking, Tallking Adverts – Do your people promote your products and services, even when they are not on company time?
- Corporate Branding – Are your people so dedicated to your company that they would willingly have your logo branded on their arm?
If you have any more suggestions – I’d love to hear from you – just pop them in the comment box below.
For more management ‘top tips’, you might also enjoy:
You may also like to subscribe to my FREE quarterly e-newsletter on all things HR and employment related for busy owner managers: Employment News for the Very Busy
Happy ‘Extreme’ Engaging!